Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is committed to ensuring that all patients and their families are cared for in a safe, secure and caring environment.
Safeguarding is ‘core business’ and the protection of vulnerable children and adults at risk from abuse and neglect is embedded within all services provided by the Trust and across our hospitals.
Every member of staff employed by the Trust understands that they have a responsibility to safeguard children and adults. All staff are supported by the safeguarding team, their line manager and senior managers.
A number of safeguarding arrangements are in place, in line with legislation, best practice and local arrangements. These include:
- a proactive safeguarding child and adults team
- flagging systems for children subject to child protection plans
- a robust safeguarding training schedule
- facilities for safeguarding supervision for all staff
- suite of safeguarding policies and procedures
- participation in multi-agency audits and active participation in local safeguarding children partnerships/adults boards and related sub groups
Every local authority has a safeguarding team and contact details can be found on their internet page. All these external websites open in a new browser window.