What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files of information automatically downloaded by your computer or mobile phone when you visit our site.
Still curious? Watch Google’s video about cookies. Or check out allaboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.eu.
How do cookies help us?
The information that cookies give us can help us design our website to work better for you. For example, if the data gathered by cookies shows us that most people look at our website on their mobile phone, we can concentrate on making a better mobile site for our visitors.
Which cookies do we use?
MSENHSFT cookies (first party)
Our cookies come from Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics is widely used across the web to understand things such as which pages you arrive at, how you navigate around the site, and which kind of device you are using. To do this, Google collects individuals’ anonymised data and stitches it all together to create a big picture. All this data helps us make improvements to your experience. Find out more about Google Analytics cookies.
You may also see a sessionID cookie, that remembers your preferred settings for viewing our website during your viewing session so that you don’t need to change your accessibility settings on every page.
Other sites’ cookies (third party)
You can see their privacy policies in more detail here:
What exact cookies do we use?
This section shows you some of the first-party cookies stored on your device by browsing our site. Here is the data they collect and why.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you have visited and the browser that you used. We don't allow Google to use or share our analytics data. To find out more, please go to Google Analytics: Safeguarding your data.
Why are we telling you this?
Although your data is made anonymous to keep it safe, with all websites there is a risk, however small, that someone will try to maliciously steal information. We believe that cookies we use pose little threat to your privacy but we understand that you might still want to opt-out and turn off cookies.
How to turn off cookies
To delete or block existing cookies, click the link below for the browser you are using and follow the instructions.
Refusing cookies may impact your experience of using our website but it’s your choice whether to accept them.
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookies settings in Safari web and iOS
- Cookies settings in Firefox
- Cookies settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookies settings in Microsoft Edge
- Cookies settings in Opera
To opt out of Google Analytics tracking across all websites, you need to download a browser add-on.