As a fully established, merged organisation, we’ve worked with you, our staff, to understand what it means to be part of Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust. Our strategic goals clearly set out our purpose and ambitions, and our new values and behaviours show how we will work together, with each other, our patients and our stakeholders, to achieve our aims.
Our organisational strategy is made up of one vision, three 3-year goals and six strategic objectives for 2022-23.
Our three-year goals
High quality local services - Build local services that are high quality and integrated.
Equitable access - Driving equity as our priority, including in specialist services, taking advantage of digital.
Opportunities for our staff - Invest in becoming an employer where everyone has an opportunity to grow, innovate and improve.
Our strategic objectives
Strategic objective one: Keep our patients safe every day by minimising avoidable harm and maintaining appropriate numbers of skilled and capable staff in all the places we provide care.
Strategic objective two: Improve access to cancer care and reduce waiting times for planned care for our patients.
Strategic objective three: Enhance the skills and confidence of our people to realise the benefits of innovation and technology for them and our patients.
Strategic objective four: Value our people through structured and supportive conversations about health, wellbeing and individual development between them and their manager.
Strategic objective five: Embed the Trust’s values of excellent, compassionate and respectful behaviour, leading to improved engagement and retention.
Strategic objective six: Work as an effective partner in our financially sustainable Health and Care Partnership to improve population health outcomes.
Our Culture and Values
Our values are excellent, compassionate and respectful.
Expand each drop-down below to find out more:
- I regularly review what I do and how I do it to improve my personal performance
- I find opportunities to take positive action to improve and innovate
- I prioritise working with others on shared goals
- I learn from others and openly share my own knowledge and experience
- I seek out and act upon feedback from colleagues, patients and visitors
- I make sure I have clear objectives, that are linked to the goals of my team and the Trust, and that support excellence in my role
- I communicate in an open, accurate and straightforward way
- I involve others with decision making that directly impacts them, whether a patient or colleagues
- I take time to listen
- I act with kindness towards myself and others I show commitment to working with and supporting others as part of a team
- I bring a positive attitude to my working day and ask for support when I am not feeling at my best
- I build relationships of trust with colleagues and patients
- I take personal responsibility for my role in delivering compassionate care
- I consider the impact of my actions and words on other people’s well-being before acting
- I celebrate the successes we achieve together – and build positivity by encouraging others
- I take the time to get to know people and the value they bring (regardless of race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, caring responsibilities, religion or belief.)
- I protect the dignity of others and respect their interests and perspectives
- I adapt my approach according to the individual and situation I am facing
- I take part as an active member of a team and make an effort to understand the different perspectives within our teams
- I speak up and take action when I see a lack of inclusion
- I do what I say I will and communicate openly about challenges
- I role model dealing with challenging behaviours respectfully
- I help create a safe environment for others to speak up